Built circa 1700, this home originally consisted of four rooms - two upstairs and two downstairs - until one additional room was added as a tavern to service the many sailors coming in and out of Annapolis (thus the asymmetric lines along the front of the home). It was John Sands, a mariner himself, who purchased the property in 1771 and his descendants remained in "the old home" over seven generations spanning nearly 250 years until 2015 when the Sands House was donated to Historic Annapolis for preservation. To that end, both exterior and interior easements remain with the property in perpetuity. The early 1900's addition off the back, which nearly doubled the square footage of the original structure, is surrounded by a beautiful courtyard with off-street parking...a rarity in Downtown Annapolis. This home still contains much of it's historic charm, including door hardware, heart pine floors, leaded glass, four fireplaces and the original 1700's shake roof which was covered during the tavern addition. Own a piece of history, just steps from City Dock and the Naval Academy! Don't miss the opportunity to own the oldest frame house in Colonial Annapolis.
ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Keller Williams Flagship of Maryland
The listing content relating to real estate for sale on this web site is courtesy of MRIS. Listing information comes from various brokers who participate in the MRIS IDX.Properties listed with brokerage firms other than Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. are marked with the MRIS Logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.The properties displayed may not be all the properties available. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.All listing information copyright MRIS 2019.
Listing information last updated on June 18th, 2019 at 6:30pm CDT.